EVENT CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY
If you have registered and are unable to attend Connect 2018, WideOrbit encourages you to send a substitute from your organization to attend in your place. To send a substitute, you must send the full name of the substitute to email@example.com no later than five (5) business days prior to the date of the event. The substitute must be from the same organization as the original registrant.
If the event is rescheduled by WideOrbit, your registration will be valid for the rescheduled event, and no refunds will be provided.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These WideOrbit Event Registration Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) are an agreement between WideOrbit Inc. (“WideOrbit”) and registrant ("You" or “you”). By registering for or participating in this WideOrbit event (“Event”), you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to these Terms. WideOrbit may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version or providing other notice to you.
1. Registration Requirements. To register for the Event, you must (i) be at least 21 years of age, (ii) complete the Event registration process as described in the Registration Materials (defined below), (iii) pay all required registration fees (if any) prior to any deadlines provided by WideOrbit, and (iv) comply with these Terms. Event registration may be subject to availability and may close earlier than posted deadlines.
2. Fees and Payment. If the Event registration description, website, or other materials provided by WideOrbit in connection with the Event (collectively, the “Registration Materials”) state that payment of registration fees or other fees (collectively, “Fees”) is required, payment of all such Fees must be made in accordance with any payment terms provided in the Registration Materials. WideOrbit reserves the right to cancel your registration without notice if you fail to pay any Fees in accordance with these Terms and the Registration Materials. WideOrbit is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation.
3. Cancellation by You. Unless otherwise expressly stated by WideOrbit in the Registration Materials, in the event you elect to cancel your registration for the Event, WideOrbit will not provide a refund of any Fees paid. If WideOrbit provides a cancellation process in the Registration Materials, you agree to comply with any cancellation instructions provided by WideOrbit.
4. Cancellation by WideOrbit. The Event is subject to change and/or cancellation by WideOrbit at any time. WideOrbit may deny, limit or cancel a registration for the Event (including a confirmed registration) at any time. WideOrbit is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation.
5. Effect of Cancellation. If WideOrbit cancels the Event or your registration for reasons other than your noncompliance with these Terms and/or the Registration Materials, and provided you remain in compliance with the Terms and all Registration Materials, WideOrbit will provide a refund of any registration Fee paid by you to WideOrbit for the applicable Event. In the event of any cancellation by you or WideOrbit, those sections of these Terms that by their nature are intended to survive such cancellation shall continue in full force and effect.
6. Conduct. While at the Event, you agree (i) not to engage in any form of unacceptable behavior, including, without limitation, behavior that is or could be considered to be, in WideOrbit’s sole and absolute discretion, disruptive, harassing, offensive, discriminatory or threatening speech or behavior, including relating to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability, and (ii) to comply with all applicable WideOrbit policies made available to you by WideOrbit. WideOrbit may require participants engaging or threatening to engage in prohibited behavior to immediately leave the Event, and such participants will not be eligible to receive a refund of any Fees paid.
8. License to WideOrbit. In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Event, you grant to WideOrbit and its affiliates, agents, employees and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free right and license throughout the world and in perpetuity to reproduce, edit, publish, disclose, distribute, prepare derivative works of, translate, display, perform, and otherwise exploit, for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes or for any other purpose relating to their business, in any and all media formats and through any and all media channels, all or any part of all still photographs and all audio and video recordings that WideOrbit or its representatives or agents make of you or your voice or likeness in connection with the Event (collectively, “Recordings”), including the right to use your name, likeness and biographical information. You consent to the use of the Recordings pursuant to the foregoing in perpetuity without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from you. You agree that WideOrbit exclusively owns all rights (including without limitation, intellectual property rights) in the Recordings and all results and proceeds derived from the use of the Recordings and your image therein, and that no portion of such proceeds will be shared with you, and you waive and release any and all rights of privacy and publicity, and any and all claims to compensation or damages or of violation of intellectual property rights, in connection with the use of the Recordings and/or any advertising or publicity relating thereto.
9. WARRANTIES. WIDEORBIT MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE EVENT OR EVENT REGISTRATION, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND WIDEORBIT SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS, AND THAT YOU CAN AND WILL COMPLY WITH ALL TERMS SET FORTH HEREIN.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL (i) WIDEORBIT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, COST OF COVER OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR RELIANCE DAMAGES OR (ii) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF WIDEORBIT FOR ALL OTHER DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT EXCEED USD $100.
11. Release of Claims. You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary. You agree to assume all risks associated with attending and participating in the Event to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, including, without limitation, risks of personal injury or damage to your property. To the extent permissible by applicable law, you (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release WideOrbit and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with personal injury or damage to your property arising from or in connection with the Event or the Recordings in accordance with these Terms.
12. Governing Law; Forum; Waiver of Jury Trial. These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without reference to conflict of laws principles, and each party irrevocably agrees that the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes or claims hereunder. Each party hereby waives any right to jury trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way arising out of or related to these Terms.
13. Severability. If a court, tribunal or other body of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms, or portion thereof, to be void, invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
14. Force Majeure. WideOrbit will not be held liable in the event of the cancellation or modification of the times, dates, sessions and/or events of an Event as a result of an event that is beyond WideOrbit’s control, including but not limited to inclement weather, earthquake, flood, or other act of God, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities, riot, national state of emergency, plague, act/threat of terrorism, civil unrest, strikes or other labor disputes, or any other similar or related event which delays or prevents any or all of the Event.
15. Miscellaneous. You may not assign or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of WideOrbit. Any assignment or transfer in violation of the foregoing shall be null and void. These Terms, along with the Event Materials, contain the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Event and supersede all prior written and oral agreements between the parties regarding the Event. A party’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms shall neither be construed as a waiver of the provision nor prevent the party from enforcing any other provision of these Terms.